5 Reasons to Take Your Child to the Orthodontist
5 Reasons to Take Your Child to the Orthodontics
Have you ever wonder, when is the right time to take your child to Orthodontist? Many people are astounded to learn that the American Association of Orthodontics recommends taking your child for an evaluation by an Orthodontist in El Paso for the first time when they turn seven years of age. Today, we'll look at the five reasons why.
- The Earlier the Orthodontic Evaluation, The Better: By the age of 7, children have enough permanent teeth for an orthodontist to evaluate if a problem exists or is developing. Our El Paso Orthodontics office of Dr. Jim Bowden, takes X-Rays and Photos to diagnose any problem with permanent teeth - such as missing teeth, extra teeth, or teeth growing in the wrong direction.
- Noticing Your Child’s Teeth: Parents are often the first to recognize that something isn't right about their child's teeth. Observing that your child's teeth are not fitting together, difficulty in chewing, or bad breath. When you notice these dental problems, it's time to get it checked out.
- Identification of Jaw Growth Problems: When your child visits an Orthodontist, any jaw growth problems can be identified in an early stage. An orthodontic appliance can be used to help guide the jaw to grow and develop in the right direction.
- Bad Oral Habits: Bad oral habits like thumb sucking can result in crooked teeth and can even change the shape of the jaw. If your child has acquired some bad oral habits like thumb sucking, El Paso orthodontics, Dr. Jim Bowden can help correct these habits to avoid damaging the tooth.
- Boost Self-Confidence: Getting your child Orthodontic treatment at an early stage of life, helps in improving their self-confidence with a beautiful smile. These help your child in school as kids with attractive & healthy smile feel good about themselves.
Schedule Your Child First Visit Today
If you're ready to schedule your child's first Orthodontic Treatment in El Paso, book a consultation with Dr. Jim Bowden, by calling us at (915) 585-6373.