Ways to Protect Your Child's Teeth
Oral care for kids
Oral care for kids:
Kids always get attracted to many foods that they come across in their day to day life. At times they become so adamant and possessive to the extent that the parents have to buy them what they ask for like chocolates, pastries, sweets and much more. Over a course of time, the child's or the kid's teeth get infected with bacteria and there is every possibility for the teeth to get decayed. Since the kids are small enough and are under matured to understand things, it is the duty of the parent to know and educate the child about the oral care.
The parents should ensure that every child or kid get the maximum and excellent oral care in their childhood. It is the parent's responsibility to inform the kid about the oral hygiene and care required such that the kids do not face any sort of discomfort arising out of teeth problems.
There is a high risk among the infants or the kids when it comes to oral care. The most affected case among the kid is tooth decay which affects almost 5 out of 10 kids taken on average due to excess consumption of chocolates and other sweet products. Nowadays childhood teeth decay and cavities are increasingly occurring at early stages itself which have turned out to be one of the serious diseases that can rip the kid's teeth partially or wholly but it can be prevented by taking adequate safety measures. The kid will be facing a hell of pain when they have a pain in the teeth due to the presence of the cavity. One can only pity for them when such kid goes through a harrowing time as far the pain in concerned.
Prevention is better than cure:
It is rightly said that preventing the disease at the initial stage is a good policy rather than regretting and curing it in a later stage which becomes an exorbitant task.
How to prevent early childhood cavities?
It is the sole duty and responsibility of every parent to take care of their child’s teeth. Here are a few simple tips that the parents should ensure to prevent early cavities. They are:
- They should see that they put the kid or the child to sleep in bed without a bottle
- Don't allow the kid to sleep with a bottle containing juice, milk or soda in their mouth for long hours as they will erode the child’s teeth
- Train the kids in such a way that they use the cups between the age group of 6- 12 months and give up bottle feeding
- Every parent should ensure that the kids get adequate amount of fluoride every day
- Educate the child about ill effects of bad eating habits and make the kid change over to consume good eating ways
- See to that the child follows a clean and correct brushing habit.
- Visit a pediatric dentist in El Paso TX every 6 months